Tips when applying at VEMT:
Senior PHP Developer
Could you be the senior developer with 5-8 years of experience we are looking for? As an experienced, hands on and pro-active PHP developer, you might have the skills to deliver complex solutions while working with a team of dedicated people. You bring (software) architecture skills, development methodologies that can help us take our client solutions to the next level.
We develop with the latest version of PHP, using components from Symfony, Zend, Phalcon and well designed libraries from the community. We persist our data in MySQL and Solr. We test our code with PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Codeception and host it in GitHub. We communicate with third parties through REST APIs.
We plan in Pivotal Tracker and host our applications in environments provisioned by SaltStack. We agile our deliveries with standups and frequent small releases. Sounds (partly) familiar?
You will become part of a dynamic team and will be in direct contact with (international) clients.
Do you master most of these technologies and tools, can you lead others to do the same and do you know the strengths and weaknesses of PHP frameworks? Do you have ideas on how to optimize performance and define and document a well-structured API? Do you have experience with transactions and payment systems (or would you like to)? Do you know how to scale a (mobile) platform and built a robust architecture? Do you have experience with event streaming and or big data?
As a senior developer, you must understand the commercial priorities of serving customers, and in particular the need to accurately forecast development and implementation timeframes. Communication is key.
Do you closely follow technology trends? Can you deliver data processing on a serious scale? Can you deliver structured code that -really – scales?
Do you live in the Netherlands within reasonable commuting distance of Amsterdam? Are you available for 40 hrs/week?
If the answer to the above items is substantially yes, then you may be the senior developer we are looking for. We should talk soon!
- This position is for the Amsterdam office in the Netherlands
- Your English should be good, Dutch comes in handy
- We offer a salary of € 3.000,- to € 4.500,- monthly, depending on experience and skills
- You have a valid EU-work permit
Business Development Executive
VEMT is a market leader in providing cloud based Marketing Technology services focused on customer Loyalty and Retention. Our international client base includes blue-chip pan-European retailers who have chosen VEMT for its innovative platform, advanced capabilities and a genuine collaborative approach and consistently excellent operations and service. We have a dynamic and sociable company culture where individual achievement is recognised and rewarded.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are seeking an experienced Business Development Executive.
The role will involve:
- Identifying, developing and managing new (European) client relationships; face to face, online and over the telephone.
- Presenting VEMT’s services and selling our benefits.
- Presenting and/or discussing the full 360 Marketing Technology landscape; from seeding or developing the client’s interest, identifying/developing opportunities and defining project requirements, to presenting VEMT’s solutions and negotiating the contract.
- Using your knowledge and expertise of sectors including retail, finance, travel, B2B and brands.
- The role will be based at our Amsterdam Head Office, reporting to the CEO.
- Work closely with Project Management to ensure customer satisfaction and project planning and implementation.
To be successful you tend to possess some if not all of the following attributes:
- University degree
- Experience in selling Marketing (Technology) Services/Consultative Selling at a senior level to Retail, Financial Services and Travel sectors amongst others
- Demonstrable track record in achieving business development/sales quotas
- Personable, interested and interesting
- Willingness to learn and an ability to accumulate knowledge
- The “will” to win and see tasks through to completion, even when the going gets tough
- Have a wide network that you can tap
- A sense of fun is essential!
Please apply before August 15, 2016. We will respond to you after the deadline.
- You speak English, and preferably Dutch and or German
- You have a proven track record in Marketing Technology sales and can document this
- You are willing to change roles, from pioneer to National Sales Manager of a team of 5-7 regional sales managers
- You easily connect with Marketers, techies, retailers and travel people and speak their language
- You have a valid EU-work permit