We’d like to connect with passionate, knowledgeable, and autonomous people who focus at (Marketing) Technology & Customer Experience.
Tips when applying at VEMT:
Senior PHP Developer
Are you the full-stack senior developer with 5-8 years of experience we are looking for? As an experienced, hands on and pro-active PHP developer, you have the skills to deliver complex solutions while working with an interational team of dedicated people. You bring (software) architecture skills and methodologies that help us take our client solutions to the next level.
Our systems are modeled with DDD, implemented in a CQRS architecture and use an Event Sourcing approach. We develop with the latest version of PHP, using Symfony and well designed libraries from the community. We persist our data in the Event Store, MySQL (MariaDB), Graylog and Solr. We test our code with PHPUnit for unit testing and Behat for acceptance testing. We host our code in GitHub/GitLab and our applications are containerized in Docker and managed with Kubernetes. We communicate with third parties through JSON based REST APIs. We plan agile stories in Pivotal Tracker. We have daily stand-ups and frequent small releases.
You will become part of a dynamic team and will be in direct contact with (international) clients.
Do you master most of these technologies and tools, and do you have experience with (or are you willing to quickly find out about) event sourcing? Can you lead others to do the same and do you know the strengths and weaknesses of PHP frameworks? Do you have ideas on how to optimize performance and define and document a well-structured API? Do you have experience with transactions and payment systems (or would you like to)? Do you know how to scale a (mobile) platform and built a robust architecture? Do you have experience with event streaming and or big data?
As a senior developer, you understand the commercial priorities of serving clients; in particular the need to accurately forecast development. Communication. Code. Collaboration.
We do require you to have a valid EU working permit. Do you (want to) live in the Netherlands within reasonable commuting distance of Amsterdam? Are you available for 40 hrs/week?
If the answer to the above items is substantially yes, then you may be the senior developer we are looking for. We should talk soon!
** Agency calls are really not appreciated **
- This position is for the Amsterdam office in the Netherlands
- Your English should be good, Dutch comes in handy
- We offer a salary of € 3.200,- to € 5.000,- monthly, depending on experience and skills
- You have a valid EU-work permit
Junior Business Development Manager
VEMT is a market leader in cloud based Marketing Technology services and focused on Customer Experience, Customer Loyalty and Retention. Our international client base includes blue-chip pan-European brands and retailers who have chosen VEMT for its innovative platform, advanced capabilities and a genuine collaborative approach and consistently excellent operations and service. We have a dynamic and sociable company culture where individual achievement is recognized and rewarded.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are seeking a motivated and flexible Junior Business Development Manager.
The role will involve:
- Identify new (European) client relationships; online and over the telephone.
- Visit new leads together with the Business Development Executive and handle follow up, keeping track of new appointments
- Present VEMT’s services and selling our benefits when making new appointments
- Present our position in the Marketing Technology landscape
- Preferably have working experience at a ‘brand’ in marketing and/or sales
- The role will be located in our Amsterdam Head Office
- Work closely with Project Management to ensure customer satisfaction and project planning and implementation
To be successful you tend to possess some if not all of the following attributes:
- University degree or alike
- Experience in selling Marketing (Technology) Services
- Demonstrable track record in sales assistance
- Personable, interested and interesting
- Willingness to learn and an ability to accumulate knowledge
- The “will” to win and see tasks through to completion, even when the going gets tough
- A sense of fun is essential!
- You speak English, and preferably Dutch/German
- You have a track record in Marketing Technology sales
- You are ambitious to grow from pioneer to National Sales Manager of a team of 5-7 regional sales managers
- You easily connect with Marketers, techies, retailers and travel people and speak their language
- You have a valid EU-work permit