On time for the holidays, VEMT launched a series of hospitality marketing automations. They are meant to save time and…
Composable Commerce is a hot topic. It is seen by many as the future of eCommerce. This article describes what it is and what to do next.
TL;DR ; summary
- With Composable Commerce, digital teams of brands and retailers select and assemble “best-of-breed” commerce solutions with the goal to better handle the fast changing business requirements and technology changes.
- With Composable Commerce you have the flexibility to rapidly update your tech stack and operations.
- Composable Commerce is the ‘third choice’ compared with big monolithic platforms or micro-solutions.
- In composable commerce approach, marketers ‘compose’ their platform by putting together a list of needs they want to be handled by a Packaged Business Capability (PBC). Each PBC is a function of the application. They are typically third-party software components. The granularity of each PBC is determined by business need, cost, complexity and time-to-market.
- Organizations using Composable Commerce outpace market growth because of the speed of new feature implementation and changing existing features.
- VEMT perfectly fits in a Composable Commerce approach.